torsdag 5 november 2009

Foto: Sofia Sanchez

A Confesion

You have always existed
since the years
when my ancestors lived
They took care of you
you were the most important
They used your resources
they didn’t squander you
You meant life for them
You have given everything
The fruits from your fields
shelter to the animals
You have quietly opened
your arms given us the best of worlds

What are we doing today?
We destroy your rivers,
your trees, your nature
We don´t take care of you
We need your waters, your life
How will it be in some years?
What will happen to the animals?
They will die without protection

When will I take care of you
as my ancestors did?
When will I give you
the best of me that you deserve
to continue to live?
You will always be there,
but the birds will not
sing the same glad song
The children will not play among the trees
The fish will not be able to swim in the waters
The animals and the humans will die
They will not find anything of value
in your waters, gone will
your pure air be, your flowers in the fields,
the animals´leap in the nature
We will not find any happiness
When will I take care of you,
like my ancestors took care of you?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar